I made my first small batch cannabutter video hoping it would show people that you do not have to use a lot of cannabis in order to make cannabutter. Since then, the video has really take off. Prompting me to make more cannabutter videos which have also done well. In this video, I am showing you another method to make cannabutter where you make it inside of an oven. It is one of the easiest ways to make cannabutter in my opinion, other than the magical butter machine obviously.
- 1/2 cup of clarified butter (64 grams)
- 4.5 grams of cannabis, decarboxylated
- Decarb the cannabis. Preheat your oven to 250ºF (121ºC). Place cannabis buds on a non-stick, oven-safe tray. Cover the tray with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Insert the tray into the oven and set a timer for 30 minutes. Older, drier cannabis may require less time. (Tip: you can also set your oven to 300ºF and heat for 10 to 18 minutes, although low-and-slow is the recommended approach when decarbing to better preserve the cannabinoids.)
- Put in bowl. Place the deacarbbed cannabis and butter inside of an oven safe dish, cup, or bowl
- Bake for 1 hour. Let the cannabis stay inside the oven for 1 hour
- Strain the cannabutter. Use a coffee filter or set a funnel on top of a jar and line it with cheesecloth. Once the butter has cooled off, pour it over the cheesecloth funnel and allow it to strain freely. (Tip: Squeezing the cheesecloth may push more bad-tasting plant material through. The coffee filter will not let anything through unless you tear it).
- Refrigerate the butter. If you need to use the butter right now, you can. If you want to solidify your butter faster, place it in the fridge. If you want to solidify it faster, you can place in the freezer for 30 mins.
- Dose carefully. Refer to dosing information below before adding your butter to any snacks, dishes, or desserts.
In this video, we made a stick cannabutter with 4.5 grams. The cannabis was 22.29% THC, which means this batch has 1003.5 mg of THC in it. To learn how to calculate edible dosage, watch the videos below.
Girl Scout Cookie – 22.29% THC
GSC, which was originally known as the Girl Scout Cookies strain, was first bred by Northern California’s Cookie Family sometime about 2012. A Sativa-leaning hybrid cross between a cutting of OG Kush and the breeder’s own F1 Durban Poison strain, GSC produces a plant with multiple branches and a powerful flower. The strain has a short stature that is common on strains with Indica lineage and is known for its tight internodal structure, which creates its iconic spear-shaped flowers with lavender calyxes.
Sponsored by MagicalButter.com
To get 20% off the Magical Butter Machine, use my name “Bassdropkeys” as the coupon code – http://bit.ly/2W9Zgej