There are many ways to make cannabutter. In the past on this blog, I have shown you how to make cannabutter using the magical butter machine and the double boiler method using a Pyrex measuring cup. Today I will show you how to make it using a mason jar. We are using the butter that we made in the last video, where I showed you how to make ghee butter from regular unsalted butter. If you have not see that video, its posted below.
- Clarified butter
- Decarb box or Aluminum Foil
- Mason Jar with lid
- Pot or Saucepan
- Dish cloth
- Coffee Filter or Strainer
- Decarb cannabis – I usually use 7gs per stick, but you can use as much as you want. If you don’t have a decarb box, simply use aluminum foil to make a pouch that you can put the cannabis in. 250F or 121C for 30 mins to decarb the cannabis.
- Set up the pot or saucepan you’re using by placing a damp dish cloth in the bottom of the pan. Once you do that, put your jar in the pot and add water. You do not want your jar submerged in water. You want the water to come half way or a little more up the jar. Bring to a temperature around 200 degrees F or just under boiling.
- While your water is warming up, cut up the butter into cubes, and add it to your mason jar. Add your decarbbed cannabis and lecithin to the jar and close the lid. Then place the jar in the pot with the water.
- Keeping the water at a simmer, allow the butter to infuse for 90 mins – 2 hours. I recommend checking on the water every so often, making sure it has not evaporated. Also, I recommend opening the lid in the middle of the process to stir up the mixture and to make sure any pressure in the jar is released.
- After 2 hours you will take it out of the water and strain it. You can use a coffee filter or strainer to make this happen. You can use cheese cloth from the beginning as well, but it may have a hard time fitting in the jar depending on what kind you use. After filtered, put it a mold and let set up in the freezer for 30 – 45 mins. Once you do that, you’re finished. If you are using the butter right away, you don’t have to worry about this last step.
To get 20% off the Magical Butter Machine, use my name “Bassdropkeys” as the coupon code – http://bit.ly/2W9Zgej