Crack grapes are a great treat. If you don’t know what a crack grape is, it’s pretty simple. Crack grapes are grapes that have been coated in a candy syrup and then rolled in ‘cracked’ hard candy like Jolly Ranchers, Cry Baby Tears, War Heads or Pop Rocks. The syrup dries on the grapes clear (it can also be colored, using gel food coloring and flavored, if desired, Today, I will show you how to make these great treats, GoodEats420 style. Thank you for watching.
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 4 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Corn Syrup
- 2 tbsp Green Dragon
- 2 packs Jolly Ranchers – 3.8 oz (107 g)
- 1 dram Candy Flavoring (optional)
- 3 drops Red Food Coloring (optional)
- 3 drops Blue Food Coloring (optional)
- First prepare jolly ranchers by crushing them in a grinder, food processor, or by crushing them by hand. Set to the side
- Add sugar, water, and corn syrup to saucepan and put on low temp.
- Cook on low temp until sugar fully dissolves.
- Cook for 6-8 mins until mixture reaches 280F, then add white food coloring in first, then blue food coloring and stir until mixed well.
- Cook for another 2-4 mins until mixture reaches 300F or 150C Hard Crack temp on thermometer.
- Turn heat off, mix in food coloring and green dragon, candy flavoring and dip grapes in mixture, cover in jolly ranchers, and place on plate.
- Let them set for 10 mins so candy can harden on the outside.
- These are meant to be eaten right away.
- The next time I do this, I will not put the crushed jolly ranchers in a bowl after they are crushed. It works better if you use a flat surface, like a plate to roll and coat them.
- You can use any hard candy that you want. You can even use them in combination with each other. Be creative and see what you can come up with.
- People coat their grapes different ways. Some prefer to cover the top half and leave the bottom with just the candy. It’s completely up to you how to do it. You do not have to cover the entire grape if you do not want to.
For this recipe, the THC is coming from the tincture. The 2 tablespoons of green dragon was 256 mg. I dipped 30 grapes with this recipe, so each grape was 8.5 mg of THC. If you want to learn how to calculate edible dosage, watch the videos below.