Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe is an easy-to-make treat that tastes like Reeses’ Peanut Butter Cups. Today we will make this treat, but in Good Eats 420 fashion we will kick it up a notch and medicate it.
- 3/4 cup canna sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup powered sugar
- 10 tbsp butter ( 6 tbsp cannabutter, 4 regular)
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate (adding cocoa powder is optional)
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil (see notes).
- In a large bowl, cream 5 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well and press into prepared pan.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and remaining 5 tablespoons butter for 1 minute. Stir carefully and continue to microwave in 30-second increments until smooth, stirring after each increment. Pour over peanut butter crust and spread evenly.
- Chill until completely firm, at least 3 hours or overnight. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Lining the pan with aluminum foil is optional. In theory this should make it easier to extract the bars from the pan, but I didn’t have any trouble when I made it. Since doing this video, I have done a lot more recipes. That is why I recommend using parchment paper. So, you can still get clean edges without the foil. If for some reason you find you have no brown sugar on hand when you set out to make these, you can substitute 1 1/2 cups sugar + 1 1/2 T. molasses. In the pre-chilled state, the molasses flavor will be strong and noticeable (just in case you happen to taste the peanut butter mixture!). But, after they are chilled, the flavor is indistinguishable from store-bought brown sugar.
I put 700 mg of THC in this recipe. I cut this batch into 16 pieces, which mean each piece has 43.75 mg of THC in it. If you want to know how to calculate edible dosage, watch the videos below.