Fruit Roll-Ups is a brand of fruit snack that debuted in grocery stores across America in 1983. Today, I will show you how to make homemade fruit roll-ups. You can use most any fruit that you want. We are using strawberries and mango today.
- 3 cups of chopped fruit, such as mango, strawberries, plums, peaches, etc
- 1 tsp fresh lime or lemon juice, optional
- 1 to 3 tbsp canna honey or canna sugar, optional (sweeten to taste)
You can use regular honey and sugar if you want to make this without medicating it.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees F.
- Puree the chopped fruit and citrus juice, if using, in a food processor until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Taste the mixture and determine if you’d like to sweeten it with honey or sugar, and mix it in if you do use it. Keep in mine that the sugar and honey is the only way that we are medicating our fruit roll ups, so if you do not use canna sugar or honey they will be regular fruit roll ups.
- Pour the puree onto a silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet and smooth it out with a spatula, then shake the pan to flatten evenly. If you are using parchment paper make sure that it says oven safe. Place the sheet pan in the oven for 2-3 hours or until the fruit roll up sheet is dehydrated enough that it is dry to the touch. Depending on how thin/thick you flatten out your mix it could take hours longer. Also, the cook time may take longer if you’re using a high-moisture fruit or frozen fruit.
- Remove the fruit roll up sheet to a cutting board and cut into long strips, then roll them up. Enjoy!
If you want to learn how to calculate edible dosage, watch the videos below.