I made my first small batch cannabutter video hoping it would show people that you do not have to use a lot of cannabis in order to make cannabutter. Since then, the video has really take off. Prompting me to make more cannabutter videos which have also done well. In this video, I am showing you another method to make cannabutter called the water method. It involves adding water to your butter as it cooks on the stove.
- 1/4 cup of clarified butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 grams of cannabis, decarboxylated
- Decarb the cannabis. Preheat your oven to 250ºF. Place cannabis buds on a non-stick, oven-safe tray. Cover the tray with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Insert the tray into the oven and set a timer for 30 minutes. Older, drier cannabis may require less time. (Tip: you can also set your oven to 300ºF and heat for 10 to 18 minutes, although low-and-slow is the recommended approach when decarbing to better preserve the cannabinoids.)
- Grind. Grind the decarboxylated cannabis (Breaking it up into smaller pieces with your hands is just fine)
- Melt the butter. Add 1/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup of butter into a stock pot or saucepan. Simmer on low and let the butter melt. Adding water helps to regulate the temperature and prevents the butter from scorching. Also helps mellow and smooth out the taste of the butter.
- Add the cannabis. As the butter begins to melt, add in your coarsely ground cannabis product.
- Simmer. Maintain low heat (ideally above 160ºF but never exceeding 200ºF) and let the mixture simmer for 90 minutes to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. The mixture should never come to a full boil.
- Strain the cannabutter. Use a coffee filter or set a funnel on top of a jar and line it with cheesecloth. Once the butter has cooled off, pour it over the cheesecloth funnel and allow it to strain freely. (Tip: Squeezing the cheesecloth may push more bad-tasting plant material through. The coffee filter will not let anything through unless you tear it).
- Refrigerate the jar of butter. If excess water forms at the bottom of the jar, you can remove the solid butter with a knife and drain the water out. (The butter will need to refrigerate for about an hour before removing the water.)
- Dose carefully. Refer to dosing information below before adding your butter to any snacks, dishes, or desserts.
In this video, we made small batch cannabutter with 2 grams. The cannabis was 21% THC, which means this small batch has 420 mg of THC in it. To learn how to calculate edible dosage, watch the video below.
Purple Punch – 21% THC
Purple Punch is the sweet and sedating union of two indica-dominant classics. By breeding Larry OG with Granddaddy Purple, the astonishing trichome laden Purple Punch was born, smelling of grape candy, blueberry muffins, and tart Kool-Aid. The potency of this strain gives the consumer a one-two punch to the head and body, initially landing between the eyes and settling down into the limbs. Purple Punch is a delicious dessert strain that is best suited for after dinner. Its effects may help with managing nausea, stress, minor body aches, and sleeplessness.
Sponsored by MagicalButter.com
To get 20% off the Magical Butter Machine, use my name “Bassdropkeys” as the coupon code – http://bit.ly/2W9Zgej