Sweet Potato Pie is a staple in the southern culture. As you all know, I was raised in Waycross, Ga. My great grandmother used to make us sweet potato pies all the time. This is not her recipe, but I think she would be delighted that she inspired me to come up with one myself. I hope you enjoy this slice into my childhood and my southern roots. Enjoy!
- 4 sweet potatoes (2 pounds)
- 1 cup butter, softened (use canna butter if you want more potent)
- 2 cup white sugar (use canna sugar if you want more potent)
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 infused canna oil
- 1 pinch canna salt (use regular salt if not available)
- 2 9 inch unbaked pie crust (your choice)
- Pre-heat oven at 425 degrees (218 degrees C). Wash sweet potatoes and puncture with a fork. Wrap in aluminum foil and place in oven. Bake for 60 minutes. Take out the oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Open the foil and remove the skin. Skin will peel off effortlessly.
- Put sweet potatoes in a bowl. Add in all the ingredients on the list except for the eggs. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Add eggs one at a time and beat them in until the mixture is blended well. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crusts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools. Cool for 25 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
1. The recipe makes 2 pies. If you want to make one just cut all the ingredients in half.2. If you fill like your filling needs to be thicker, add 1/4 cup flour then blend well.3. You can medicate this recipe with canna sugar, canna oil, canna butter, and canna salt to make it real potent. At the same time, if you don’t want to medicate your pie at all follow the recipe above minus the canna ingredients and enjoy.
I used 1/3 cup of oil in these pies, which in this batch was 272 mg. Each pie will be but into 8 slices, which is 16 slices total. That means that each slice of pie will have 17 mg per slice. If you want to learn how to calculate edible dosage, watch the video below.
To get 20% off the Magical Butter Machine, use my name “Bassdropkeys” as the coupon code – http://bit.ly/2W9Zgej