This is a variation of my Classic Rice Krispies Treats recipe. This time we are adding two layers to the treats. A peanut butter layer, then a chocolate layer. This is a treat that will definitely have your friends and family talking.
- 8 tbsp butter divided (half cannabutter)
- 18 oz big marshmallows
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- 4 oz milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- In a wide saucepan or skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter over low heat. Add the mini marshmallows, and stir for about 5 minutes, until the marshmallows have completely melted. Stir in the puffed rice cereal, and stir to coat.
- Scrape the marshmallow cereal out into an 8×8 square pan, and press it down with a spatula to really compact the marshmallow squares. Let that cool while you start on the peanut butter chocolate layer.
- Melt the milk chocolate and peanut butter in a double boiler or in the microwave in 30-second intervals, then spread the mixture evenly over the top of the marshmallow cereal. Refrigerate for about 2 hours until firm to the touch.
- For the final layer, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and the cocoa powder in a double boiler or in the microwave. Spread the mixture over the milk chocolate peanut butter layer, and refrigerate for another half hour or so, until firm to the touch. Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Do not use aluminum foil. It is better to use parchment paper or don’t use anything and just spray the pan with non sticking spray.
- When you are forming the treats inside the pan, it’s easier to use your hands rather than the wooden spoon or spatula.
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 172mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 6.3% | Calcium: 1.8% | Iron: 8.3%
For this recipe, I used 600 mg of THC. The treats were cut into 9 big pieces meaning that each one has 66.67 mg. If you want to know how to calculate edible dosage, watch the two videos below.