This is my first air fryer recipe. I just got one thanks to my friend RC. He was the first person to tell me about it. Since then, I been looking at videos on YouTube and telling myself that would be great for what we are doing here at Good Eats 420 if it works. I went into this being skeptical because I know how to fry food. Today I am making some BBQ Chicken Good Eats 420 style, but we are going to also be testing out this Air Fryer. Will it work? Watch the video to find out.
- chicken of your choice
- all seasoning is to taste – I did not measure
- old bay seasoning
- garlic salt
- non stick vegetable spray
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- Air Fryer – If you want the same air fryer I have click here – https://amzn.to/2Wd7uUs
1. There are a lot of debates about this, but I always wash my chicken. There are many ways to do this, but I use lemon juice.
2. Once your chicken is washed, make sure that it is dry, then season to your taste. I listed what I used above, but it is totally up to you. Place chicken in fridge for at least 30 mins, over night is even better, but the minimum is 30 mins.
3. After 30 mins, place chicken in air fryer basket and close. Use chicken preset on air fryer. 20 mins at 380F
4. After the first 5 mins, check the chicken to see if there are any dry spots to spray. After 10 mins pass, paint the chicken with BBQ sauce. I am using the homemade medicated bbq sauce we made yesterday.
5. Flip the chicken, paint the other side, then finish the cycle.
6. Once the cycle is finished, use a meat thermometer to ensure that internal temp of the chicken is 165F or higher. If that is the case, your chicken is done and ready to be plated. Enjoy
For this recipe, most the of mg of THC is coming from the sauce. You can add more by using infused oil instead of the non stick vegetable spray. There is a little more medicating that comes from the cannasalt, but not much. If you want to learn how to calculate edible dosage, watch the videos below.